What is it about Prince William and Kate Middleton’s baby on-the-way news that makes me want more?! Is it the eloquent, fabulous life of nobility or is it the Reversal of Fortune-like scandals that reach the tabloids? Either way, reading about the adoring couple is like watching a car wreck, you just can’t look away. So when I heard that Prince William and Kate were expecting a baby, my first thought was “How Will The Dutchess of Cambridge Design the Royal Nursery?” I need to know…
A secret source mentioned that Kate wanted baby furniture and nursery décor that is “European and Traditional.” My imagination starts to stir and Her Majesty’s Trumpet Tune begins to play in my mind. Kate, if you’re reading this, here is what I’m thinking:
Creations Baby Venezia Collection: Convertible Crib, Combo Dresser and Hutch
This luxurious nursery furniture set in vanilla will bring a touch of European sophistication into your nursery. Crafted out of brich veneers and select hardwoods, it showcases stunning floral and leaf work, scrollwork, pilasters, curving lines, high backs and rosettes for a distinguished glimpse of high society. And for when little William or Kate gets older, the baby crib converts into a toddler bed and full bed. What I love most about this gorgeous nursery set is that it is reasonably priced, but looks like a million dollars.
For literally everyone else without a royal budget, you can have a stunning European/Traditional look for your nursery that will not cost a fortune. Here are some design tips to help you:
- Well-crafted baby furniture with curved legs and delicate carving
- Intricate and textured baby bedding with lace, chiffon, or fancy embroidery.
- Long, chiffon drapes for the window that will give your nursery a distinguished look
- Crown molding on floor and ceiling
- Elegant chandelier with lighting
- Old-world/antique type décor, such as wrought iron or handcrafted wood
- Stripes, damask, piping or French toile designs
There you have it! Just imagine you’re on the movie set of Pride and Prejudice. Your baby nursery will look fit for a princess or prince.